We are looking for an organised, efficient and proactive Maintenance Technician, who will be responsible for the general maintenance of the Lyceum buildings. To be successful in this role you will need to have a working knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods, strong attention to detail and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Does this sound like you?
When submitting your application please send us an updated CV as well as a covering letter setting out how your skills and experience meet the person specification below.
Please note that if you don’t feel you fit the essential criteria of the role but would still like to apply, we encourage you to do so with further information about why you’re a great fit. If you would like to apply through an alternative means, such as video or audio file, you’re welcome to do so.
To discuss the roles and interview process further, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Prioritise and undertake planned and responsive maintenance works that do not require a specialist technician; such as repairs to equipment and facilities, basic carpentry, flooring, plasterboarding, painting etc. Communicating with colleagues throughout and overseeing contractors when professional expertise is necessary.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems where specialist assistance is not required.
- Check, and arrange external maintenance of, safety equipment such as fire alarms, fire extinguishers and carbon monoxide detectors in accordance with legislative requirements
- Ensure that Health and Safety requirements are adhered to.
- Maintain a record of all repairs, inspections and maintenance completed.
- Assist with ‘out of hours’ emergency call outs as required.
- Assist with movement of furniture and equipment as directed by the Buildings Maintenance and Services Manager.
- Identify and report requirements for maintenance materials to the Buildings Maintenance and Services Manager, ordering materials as directed.
- Identify repairs and report to the Buildings Maintenance and Services Manager, identifying any repairs or defects requiring specialist attention.
- Complete work requests as directed by the Buildings Maintenance and Services Manager.
- Aid in budget development.
- Supervise apprentices, training and assigning work.
- Undertake any other tasks that may reasonably be required by Buildings Maintenance and Services Manager
- A working knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods including experience in a variety of areas such as carpentry and painting
- A basic understanding of electrical, mechanical and other systems
- Ability to work under own initiative, and a ‘can do' attitude to get jobs done
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good knowledge of relevant H&S and Statutory Compliance regulations and legislation
- Computer literate
- IOSH qualification or similar
- Experience working in a supervisory role
- Previous experience working in a trade
- Active interest in the theatre
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata), plus bank holidays
- 4% matched pension contributions
- Free tickets to press nights plus discounted ticket deals on certain performances
- Cycle to work & Tech Schemes
- Quarterly staff social events