What to expect when returning to The Lyceum
Welcome Back to The Royal Lyceum Theatre
Last updated: 18 December 2021
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- 1m Socially Distanced seating in the auditorium for all performances 21 - 30 Dec 2021
- Separate marked entrances for each level of the auditorium for social distancing
- Ticket Scanners to allow contactless ticket checks
- Clear signage and staff to help maintain social distancing at congestion points
- Hand sanitiser stations around our building.
- Additional regular cleaning of public spaces before and during performances.
- Track and trace through information provided when booking and QR code logins in Bars
What you can do to help us:
- Book online before your visit, ensuring you provide an up to date contact telephone number
- Do not visit the theatre if you have any symptoms of coronavirus - please contact the box offcie where you booked your tickets in advance of the performance for a refund. (The symptoms to look out for are listed on the NHS Scotland website – click here to read)
- Download the Protect Scotland app before your visit - available free for apple and android on this link
- Please arrive no earlier than 45 minutes before the performance
- Wear a mask or face covering except when eating or drinking
- Have your e-ticket ready - printed or on your phone for scanning on entry - this helps us reduce queues
- Maintain 2m distance from other attendees wherever possible in public areas
- Wash your hands regularly, using our hand sanitising stations.
Do I need to wear a face covering?
In line with the latest government guidelines, we ask all guests to wear a mask or face covering for the duration of their visit to the theatre, including during the performance. Masks may be removed if eating or drinking. All theatre staff will also be wearing masks and the box office has a clear screen to protect customers and staff.
We understand and support anybody who is unable to wear a mask due to physical, mental or hidden disability.
Is it possible to buy a walk-up ticket? / Can I pay with cash at the theatre?
It is possible immediately before a performance, but we recommend booking in advance of the show online or over the phone
What if I am concerned about another visitor’s behaviour?
If you are concerned about someone’s behaviour during your visit, please speak to one of our staff members, who will be on hand around the venue to give assistance and deal with any queries. They will look into the situation for you and take action if necessary. All our staff will be receiving training prior to reopening in how to handle such situations.
Please be aware that not everyone is able to wear a mask or face coverings, for reasons that may not be apparent or obvious. We ask visitors to respect each other and act with kindness and empathy.
Are you using a Test and Trace system?
Yes – the Test and Trace system is an important way for all organisations to safeguard against the impact and spread of the pandemic. Most of the information we need is already collected with your booking, however please make sure that you do include your phone number in the booking process. This is mandatory for all visitors, and the information will be shared with NHS Test and Trace in a GDPR compliant manner. If using the bars please scan the QR code on entry.
How far in advance of the show should I arrive?
We will be allowing visitors with tickets into the auditorium 45 mins before the show commences to allow plenty of time to find your seat and avoid queues or multiples parties entering at once.
Can I get a refund if I cannot attend due to Covid Symptoms?
If you or a member of your party are unwell, begin to show symptoms or are advised to self-isolate and cannot attend the show, you will be offered a full refund
Can I get a refund if the government guidelines change and the event gets cancelled?
In the event of cancellation for any reason, we will offer a full refund to all ticketholders.
Is the bar open?
Bars will be open at each level with QR codes to scan on entry for test and trace scanning
Are the toilets open?
Yes, all our toilets will be open and we ask patrons to queue outside to avoid crowding in the toilets.
Will the cloakroom be open?
Yes Cloackroom the will be available.