By Johnny McKnight
Songs by Alan Penman
Directed by Mark Thomson
A magical, musical fairytale for all the family!
A new twist on a classic tale, this Cinderella is relocated to modern-day Paris where she lives with her father and longs for the love and glamour of a rather unique Prince. Her world is shattered by the arrival of the wonderfully hilarious and awful ‘new sisters’ and their truly terrifying mother, Monique. Where is a Fairy Godmother when you need one?
Featuring original songs sung live by the cast, with magic, spells and lots of laughs, the Lyceum will deliver another high quality production to delight families this Christmas.
This new version of a much-loved fairytale is by Johnny McKnight, a well-known writer, director and performer who has written many versions of famous Christmas stories for Scottish theatre. We are delighted to bring Lyceum audiences the première of his version of Cinderella.
Cinderella will be directed by the Lyceum's Artistic Director Mark Thomson (The Snow Queen; The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe).
Cast and Credits
The cast of Cinderella
Colette - Nicola Roy
Camille - Jo Freer
Papa/Bumble - Grant O'Rourke
Monique - Jayne McKenna
Mother - Gail Watson
Boy - Spencer Charles Noll
Prince - Martin McCormick
Cinderella - Julie Heatherill
ASM/Female Understudy/Dance Captain - Zoë Halliday
Acting ASM Understudy - Gregor Firth
The creative team of Cinderella
Director - Mark Thomson
Designer - Ken Harrison
LX Designer - Simon Wilkinson
Composer - Alan Penman
Deputy Stage Manager on the Book - Dan Travis
Choreographer - Andrew Panton
View our trailer for Cinderella
Dates, Times & Prices
This production has now ended
Dates and times
Thursday, 29 November, 7pm (Preview)
Friday, 30 November, 7pm
Saturday, 1 December, 2.30pm and 7pm
Friday, 7 December, 7pm
Saturday, 8 December, 2.30pm (Captioned Performance) and 7pm
Thursday, 13 December, 7pm (Touch Tour, 5.30pm and Audio-described Performance)
Friday, 14 December, 7pm
Saturday, 15 December, 2.30pm (Touch Tour, 1pm and Audio-described Performance) and 7pm
Wednesday, 19 December, 7pm (BSL Interpreted Performance)
Thursday, 20 December, 2.30pm and 7pm
Friday, 21 December, 2.30pm and 7pm
Saturday, 22 December, 2.30pm and 7pm
Sunday, 23 December, 2.30pm
Monday, 24 December, 2.30pm
Wednesday, 26 December, 2.30pm
Thursday, 27 December, 1.30pm and 5.30pm
Friday, 28 December, 1.30pm and 5.30pm
Saturday, 29 December, 1.30pm and 5.30pm
- Stalls, Stalls Boxes and Grand Circle: £24
- Grand Circle Boxes: £20
- Upper Circle: £18
- Stalls, Stalls Boxes and Grand Circle: £12
- Grand Circle Boxes: £10
- Upper Circle: £9
- Stalls, Stalls Boxes and Grand Circle: £15
- Grand Circle Boxes: £10
- Upper Circle: £10
- Stalls, Stalls Boxes and Grand Circle: £22
- Grand Circle Boxes: £18
- Upper Circle: £16
- £66 for four Stalls seats
- At least one member of party must be under 18
- Limited to two Family Tickets per customer)
Side-view seats are also available from £14 (Adult) or £7 (Under 18s)
Preview performance - all seats £10 (no concessions)
A £1 transaction fee applies to all bookings
Great Group Rates
Groups of 8 or more
- Full price adults save £4 per ticket
- Under 18s are half the regular full price
- One free ticket for groups of 15 or more
- No deposit required
- Reserve your tickets now, then pay two weeks before the show
Call the Group Sales Line on 0131 248 4949 for more information or to reserve your tickets.
- A £1 transaction fee applies to all bookings (excluding free events) to cover the service costs required to process a transaction.
- If you buy multiple tickets at the same time the fee will remain £1.
- Applies to all booking methods and forms of payment.
A BSL Interpreted introduction to this production
Accessible performances for this production
- Saturday 8 December, 2.30pm
Touch Tours for the visually impaired
- Thursday 13 December, 5.30pm
- Saturday 15 December, 1pm
- Thursday 13 December, 7pm
- Saturday 15 December, 2.30pm
BSL Interpreted Performance
- Friday 19 December, 7pm
Access facilities at the Lyceum
- Blue badge parking spaces directly opposite the theatre
- Street level access to the Lyceum foyer
Front of House
- Lifts to all levels
- Front of House wheelchair available for audience use
- Induction loop at Box Office
- Accessible toilet in foyer
- Infra red and radio headsets for hearing enhancement and audio-described performances
- Guide dogs welcome in auditorium or can be left with Front of House staff
- Raised Stalls Boxes offers space for up to 27 people in wheelchairs/companions
- Underlit row letters, tactile row markers and embroidered seats numbers
- Booster cushions and footstools available
- Induction loop permanently on
Creative Learning Events
Creative Learning events for this production
- Wednesday 5 December, 10.30am
- £6 per class
- Includes free coffee/tea
Audience feedback for this production
If you would like to submit your own review of this production, please use the form on this page.
"Please if you have a spare night go and see...Cinderella. Can't get the tunes out of my head! Brilliant! GO SEE!!"
@JNaplesCampbell on Twitter
"What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday night!"
Audience review by Jane
"I had a brilliant time."
Audience review by Gabby Ritchie (aged 6)
"A fantastic night out."
Audience review by Steven M
"Well worth a visit!"
Audience review by Eselsi
"this year was special...loved all the songs."
Audience review by Linda
"Great cast, stunning set and visuals. Left singing along and smiling!"
@dalelush on Twitter
"Cinderella is awesome. Brilliant cast that matches a west end show! Loving it! Go Lyceum"
@JNaplesCampbell on Twitter
"Fantastic show from start to finish."
Audience review by Ian
"Wow wow wow! Hilarious with a capital H."
Audience review by Mrs Williamson (Teacher at Dunbar Primary School)
"the best yet...a superb production and well worth a visit."
Audience review by Paul Coutts
"Everyone had a great time!"
@CBITScot on Twitter
"It was outstanding!!!"
@Abzron on Twitter
"Wonderful and great fun!
Audience review by Kathleen McMillan
@Lyreproductions on Twitter
"One of the best pantos I've ever seen...very very funny."
@RubiedMoon on Twitter
"The ugly sisters were great - very funny."
@Tinda_B on Twitter
Laura Anderson on Facebook
"Loved loved loved Cinderella. Such a funny entertaining show!"
Nina Gibson on Facebook
"Really strong cast."
Kelly Apter on Facebook
"Fantastic show...really enjoyed it!"
Christine Allan on Facebook
Michelle Ritchie on Facebook
"OMG. Newsflash: Cinderella...is totes amazeballs!"
@gridirontheatre on Twitter
"...top notch production...the whole cast is fantastic...the music is vibrant...the dialogue is slick and funny"
Annals of Edinburgh Stage ★★★★★
"well-acted and good-looking...grip(s) the imagination"
The Herald ★★★★
"..with a heart of gold which is hard to resist, Cinderella is a magical night out which will appeal to all ages"
Edinburgh Spotlight ★★★★
"warms up a chilly evening, delights with its colour and song, leaves a happy, feel-good glow."
Lothian Life ★★★★
"a fun and fresh take on the classic fairy tale...an apt family show for the Christmas Season"
Edinburgh Evening News ★★★
"dark but hilarious...strong and focussed direction"
Previews and Interviews
"We have the sheer energy and fun for everyone that not only leaves you with a song, but also a message."
“It really is a fairytale...Being an Edinburgh girl, I’d always dreamed one day I’d play the lead in as big a production as this in my home town.”
Edinburgh Evening News