Curtain Up Crafters: Embroidery Portraits
In this creative workshop, costume maker Cleo Rose McCabe will share her technique for transferring a photographic portrait or cartoon image onto cloth using embroidery thread; perfect if you’d like to create a patch featuring your favourite actor or character from a play! This workshop is suitable for adults and children aged 12+, and although no experience is needed, basic sewing experience would be helpful.
You will need:
· At least one 30cm by 30cm square of natural, non-stretch fabric – canvas or calico is ideal for this workshop, but non-stretch cotton would also be suitable.
· An embroidery hoop that fits your square of fabric
· Tracing paper
· Soft drawing pencil (2B or 3B is recommended)
· Embroidery thread
· Embroidery needles
· A pre-printed picture/cartoon that you wish to copy
· Optional equipment: thimble
This workshop is FREE but booking is required. Bookings will close 3 hours before the start time of the workshop, and a Zoom link with login details will be emailed to you in advance. Please contact our Creative Learning Producer with any questions or for more information.
Dates, Times & Prices
Thursday 25 February 2021, 5.30pm
FREE, but booking required