The Lieutenant of Inishmore
By Martin McDonagh
Directed by Mark Thomson
Mad Padraic kills for a cause. But his cat will be the death of him.
From Martin McDonagh, creator of The Beauty Queen of Leenane and In Bruges, comes this gruesomely absurd (and absurdly gruesome) comedy of Irish Republicanism, rural isolation and the love people have for their pets.
When Padraic, a notoriously unstable one-man terrorist group, hears that his beloved cat is ill, he heads straight back to the small island he calls home.
But things are about to get very complicated indeed for the self-styled Lieutenant of Inishmore...
Cast and Credits
The cast of The Lieutenant of Inishmore
Christy - Liam Brennan
Padraic - Peter Campion
Donny - Christopher Fairbank
Davey - Rory Murphy
Mairead - Rose O'Loughlin
James - Grant O'Rourke
Brendan - Mark Prendergast
Joey - Jamie Quinn
The creative team of The Lieutenant of Inishmore
Writer - Martin McDonagh
Director - Mark Thomson
Assistant Director - Christie O'Carroll
Designer - Colin Richmond
Lighting Designer - Chris Davey
Voice Coach - Ros Stein
Assistant Stage Manager on the Book - Zoe King
Our trailer for The Lieutenant of Inishmore
Dates, Times & Prices
This show has now ended.
- Tuesday to Saturday, 7.45pm
- Wednesdays and Saturdays, 2.30pm
- Concessions available for under 18s, over 60s, students, unemployed, disability
- Side-view seats are also available: £10-£15
- Preview performances, all seats £7.50 (unreserved seating, no concessions)
- £1 transaction fee applies per booking
Accessible performances for this production
Touch Tours for the visually impaired
- Thursday 3 May, 6.15pm
- Saturday 5 May, 1pm
- Thursday 3 May, 7.45pm
- Saturday 5 May, 2.30pm
BSL Interpreted Performance
- Wednesday 9 May, 7.45pm
- Saturday 12 May, 2.30pm
Access facilities at the Lyceum
- Blue badge parking spaces directly opposite the theatre
- Street level access to the Lyceum foyer
Front of House
- Lifts to all levels
- Front of House wheelchair available for audience use
- Induction loop at Box Office
- Accessible toilet in foyer
- Infra red and radio headsets for hearing enhancement and audio-described performances
- Guide dogs welcome in auditorium or can be left with Front of House staff
- Raised Stalls Boxes offers space for up to 27 people in wheelchairs/companions
- Underlit row letters, tactile row markers and embroidered seats numbers
- Booster cushions and footstools available
- Induction loop permanently on
Audience feedback for this production
@ShazinEd on Twitter
Highly recommend...Haven't laughed so much in ages."
@Kirstysc on Twitter
@AlisonJohnstone on Twitter
"thought it was fantastic"
Audience review from Jordy B
"A dead funny experience."
The Herald - FOUR STARS
"fine and entertaining...furiously funny."
The Scotsman - FOUR STARS
"Father Ted meets Pulp Fiction."
The Times - FOUR STARS
(Please note behind a paywall)
The Sunday Herald (doesn't award stars)
"an exceptional performance from Peter Campion."
TVBomb - FOUR STARS
"a bold and often hilarious production."
Edinburgh Spotlight - FOUR STARS
"Mark Thomson fully embraces McDonagh’s ludicrous vision...with gusto."
Edinburgh Guide - FOUR STARS
"explosive. And very, very funny."
Lothian LIfe - FOUR STARS