We are recruiting for a Digital and Content Marketing Officer to join our Marketing department at The Lyceum.
The Digital and Content Marketing Officer is a key operational role in the busy Marketing and Comms Team at The Lyceum, working to the Marketing Manager to promote all areas of The Lyceum’s work from our award-winning productions to our Creative Learning classes and events.
The Digital and Content Marketing Officer works as part of the Communications Team to help plan, research, develop and implement The Lyceum’s generic and show specific marketing campaigns with a focus on content creation and digital communications, as directed by the Marketing Manager. The post supports the planning and implementation of campaign activity and works to develop audiences for The Lyceum’s programme and build our relationship with audiences.
Does this sound like you?
When submitting your application please send us an updated CV as well as a covering letter setting out how your skills and experience meet the person specification below.
Please note that if you don’t feel you fit the essential criteria of the role but would still like to apply, we encourage you to do so with further information about why you’re a great fit. If you would like to apply through an alternative means, such as video or audio file, you’re welcome to do so.
To discuss the roles and interview process further, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media and Content
- To lead on The Lyceum’s social media platforms to increase our digital influence and develop meaningful relationships with our online audiences.
- To develop our social media strategy
- Create, commission, and manage content for The Lyceum social media platforms, as well as monitoring and evaluating them.
- To support with the planning and delivery of influencer partnerships.
- To work with teams across the whole organisation to devise and create original content that will increase the reach of all that we do, including our programme of shows, learning and participation activities, creation of new work and support of artists including trailer videos and social media posts in line with our brand guidelines
- To analyse The Lyceum’s social media activity, to identify trends that will inform our strategy.
Although social media and digital content will be the main focus of this role, we are a small team and as such the role will need to support the wider marketing team as required.
- Support the Marketing Manager in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of creative and effective marketing campaigns for all Lyceum productions.
- Support the Marketing Manager in the management of digital advertising campaigns.
- Work with our designers and printers to produce marketing materials for digital and media.
- Follow all Spektrix procedures and liaise with Development team to ensure sponsors and funders are correctly credited and acknowledged across all promotional materials.
- Use online content management systems to update and evaluate the company’s website and create e-newsletters via Dot Mailer.
- Use The Lyceum’s CRM and ticketing system Spektrix to pull customer lists for mailings and use in campaign evaluation.
- Maintain front of house displays, external signage and print stocks.
- To provide marketing support for Creative Learning and Development projects as required.
- To actively support and work with the cross-department data management group on the housekeeping of Spektrix and on sales reports and campaign evaluation. Membership of this group includes the box office sales team, Development Team, Sales and Insight Manager and the Creative Learning team.
- Contribute to team planning and strategy meetings to help develop The Lyceum’s approach to Audience Development.
- Assist with promoting The Lyceum and its work to the general public, local businesses, and residents in Edinburgh.
- Maintain relationships with existing networks and seek promotional opportunities with relevant arts organisations, community contacts, tourism, and development agencies.
- Support collaborative audience development projects with other cultural organisations.
- Support the implementation of The Lyceum’s Equalities Diversity and Inclusion policy.
- Support the implementation of The Lyceum’s access policy and facilities for customers with specific access requirements. Develop how these are marketed and improve levels of access communication both internally and externally.
- Regularly attend Lyceum productions and events, including press nights and other special events.
- Representing The Lyceum at public events as agreed with the Marketing Manager.
- To work effectively as part of the Communications and Customer Services Team and make a positive contribution to the Royal Lyceum Theatre Company as a whole.
- Adhere to all Lyceum Theatre policies included Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
- Undertaking any other duties suitable for the post as agreed with the Marketing Manager.
- Experience of creating online content and working with online and e-mail marketing platforms.
- Digitally Confident with experience of content management systems, basic graphics packages, social media platforms and Microsoft packages (e.g. Canva, video editing software, Meta, Hootesuite, captioning software).
- Ability to create and edit high quality assets for social media including video creation skills, including filming and editing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Experience of creating engaging social media content and advertising.
- Self-motivated yet good team player.
- Demonstrable experience of liaising and managing day to day relations with external suppliers and internal and external partners.
- Good organisational skills.
- A confident, outgoing, and professional manner, with a pragmatic approach to work.
- A genuine enthusiasm for theatre.
- Experience of working with a CRM system, and an understanding of data protection legislation and processes.
- An understanding of marketing practices and principles.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 4% matched pension contributions
- Free tickets to press nights plus discounted ticket deals on certain performances.
- Cycle to work & Tech Schemes
- Discounts at various organisations such as Edinburgh Leisure
- Quarterly staff social events