The Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh and The Old Vic are delighted to announce the full cast for the World Premiere of Local Hero, a stage adaptation of the 1983 film, co-written by David Greig and Bill Forsyth, with brand new music and lyrics by Mark Knopfler.
- Following exceptional demand, we are delighted to announce an additional two weeks of performances for our new stage musical adaptation of the classic Scottish film, Local Hero. The run will now end on the later date of Saturday 4 May 2019
- Newly released tickets will go on sale 10am Monday 21 January priced from £10 to £68
- The stage production of Local Hero is adapted by David Greig and Bill Forsyth, with brand new music and lyrics by Mark Knopfler, drawing on his original 1983 film score
- John Crowley (BAFTA-winning and Oscar-nominated Brooklyn) directs the World Premiere production with set and costume design by Scott Pask, lighting design by Paule Constable, sound design by Paul Arditti, video design by Luke Halls, music supervision by Dave Milligan, music direction by Phil Bateman, and casting by Will Burton
- Lucy Hind (Girl from the North Country, The Old Vic, West End; Ugly Lies the Bone, National Theatre; The Last Ship, Northern Stage; The Assassination of Katie Hopkins, Theatr Clwyd; The House of Bernada Alba, Manchester Royal Exchange) joins as Movement Director
The production stars Damian Humbley as Mac, Katrina Bryan as Stella, Matthew Pidgeon as Gordon, and Simon Rouse as Happer. The cast further includes Scott Ainslie, Caroline Deyga, Julian Forsyth, Emmanuel Kojo, Helen Logan, Suzie McAdam, Matthew Malthouse, Joanne McGuinness, John McLarnon, Adam Pearce, and Wendy Somerville.
(L-R) Suzie McAdam, Scott Ainslie, Caroline Deyga, Damian Humbley, Julian Forsyth, Emmanuel Kojo, Simon Rouse, Matthew Malthouse, Katrina Bryan, Matthew Pidgeon, Adam Pearce, Joanne McGuinness, Wendy Somerville, Helen Logan, and John McLarnon. Photo credit: Stephen Cummiskey.