Terms and Conditions
These website terms and conditions apply to your use of lyceum.org.uk and all pages within it (the “Website”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By using the Website you are showing that you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use the Website.
The Website is owned by the Royal Lyceum Theatre Company Ltd. (referred to as “we” or “us”) and these terms and conditions are issued by Royal Lyceum Theatre Company Ltd.
TICKETS - CONDITIONS OF SALE
- We must be provided with contact details when you book in order to contact you should any performance details change.
- For safety, all patrons attending a show must have a ticket, including children.
- Prices may change from those published.
- If you have special access requirements please advise when booking.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission
- We reserve the right to remove people from the venue without a refund in circumstances such as the refusal of security checks or if staff consider your behaviour may affect other people’s enjoyment
- We reserve the right to alter or amend the programme of performances, classes and events as necessary as a result of unforeseen circumstances
- Refunds are not permitted, once purchased, tickets can only be refunded in the instance of a positive Covid-19 test..
- Exchanges are permitted (handling charges will be incurred), within the same production only and subject to availability, up to 24 hours prior to the performance for which tickets are being returned, or the date of the replacement tickets of the replacement tickets, whichever is earlier.
- Latecomers may not be admitted but may be asked to wait for admittance to the Main Theatre if there is a suitable break in the performance, this is at the discretion of the director or the visiting company
- Latecomers may be asked to initially occupy readily accessible seating prior to their own.
- If you are entitled to a concession we will ask for proof of identity when collecting your tickets.
- Children’s discounts are available for ages 18 and under. Please refer to individual productions for suggested age guidelines.
- Student discounts are available for full-time students with a valid student identification card. Students may be asked to show proof on admission.
- Registered unemployed discounts are available with valid identification – you may be asked to show proof on admission
- Seniors discounts are for customers 65+ in age - you may be asked to show proof on admission
- Arts Worker discounts are available with a valid BECTU, EQUITY, Scottish Society of Playwrights or valid staff card from a publicly funded arts organisation in the United Kingdom
- All credit and debit card payments are processed through a secure payment site provided by SAGE PAY Europe Ltd. At no time does The Lyceum store credit card data.#
BABES IN ARMS POLICY
- The Lyceum encourages access for all, however, we would recommend that parents or guardians do not bring infants less than two years of age into the auditorium due to potential disturbance.
- Should you wish to attend performances for children and families with an infant aged below two years, they will need to be accommodated on the parent or guardian’s lap as no seat will be allocated. There will be no charge for this.
- Children over the age of two require a seat and therefore a paid ticket.
- Should the babe in arms become restless and cause a disturbance, the parent/guardian will be requested to leave the auditorium with the child so as not to disturb other customers. We reserve the right to not re-admit.
- We kindly request patrons contact the box office in advance to ascertain whether a performance is deemed to be suitable for young babies by the management
- All information on the Website is provided in good faith and for general information purposes only. Whilst we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on the Website is accurate, the Website is published on an “as is” basis.
- We make no warranties of any kind. As far as allowed by law, we exclude any implied warranties or conditions that the Website will be of satisfactory quality, fit for a particular purpose, compatible with other products or services, non-infringing, complete, accurate or secure.
- As far as allowed by law, we and our associated companies will not be responsible for any losses you incur as a result of using the Website, using any websites linked to the Website or relying on any of the information published on the Website or any websites linked to it, including without limitation loss of goodwill, loss of profits, loss of data and losses which arise directly or indirectly from our acts or omissions.
- We and our associated companies will not be responsible for any losses you incur as a result of changes made to the Website by unauthorised third parties.
- We give no warranties that access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free or that the Website or the server hosting it are free from viruses. We and our associated companies will not be responsible for any losses you incur as a result of any virus infecting your computer by reason of your use of, access to or downloading of any material from the Website.
- If any of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any country or state and you access the Website from that country or state, the illegal, invalid or unenforceable term will not apply to you. The remaining terms and conditions, however, will remain in full force and effect.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence or our employees, agents or sub-contractors or for fraud.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
The material on the Website is protected by copyright and the copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website is owned by and shall at all times remain our property or the property of our licensors, as appropriate. You may reproduce, print or download material from the Website for your own personal use provided that:
You do not alter the material; You do not separate graphics from accompanying text; and Royal Lyceum Theatre Company Ltd. copyright notices appear in all copies. Any use of material from the Website other than in accordance with the above is strictly prohibited. In particular, you may not reproduce, print or download material from the Website for commercial purposes or publish, display, distribute or broadcast such.
CONTENT AND LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
This website provides contact details of third parties and links to other websites or resources. The Royal Lyceum Theatre Company Ltd. does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources unless otherwise stated on this website.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Royal Lyceum Theatre Company Ltd. reserves the right to change these terms and conditions.
PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA USE
Information about Cookies and other data we collect, how we use it and in what circumstances we disclose it. is available on our Privacy and Cookies policy page
LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
PHOTOGRAPHY & SHOW ARTWORK
Visiting company imagery and photographs are reproduced with permission. All photographs and artwork associated with our own individual projects and productions are commissioned by the Royal Lyceum Theatre Company and therefore reproduced with permission.
Our downloadable resources are designed for use by teachers and other individuals working in formal and informal education. All sections can be photocopied for use in an educational setting e.g. for use as a visual aid for the classroom. However, it is strictly forbidden to reproduce or re-distribute these resources outwith an educational setting. If you would like to use these resources for any purpose outwith the classroom, you must seek permission from the Royal Lyceum Theatre Company’s Creative Learning department and the company must be credited. These resources are not for re-sale under any circumstances.
You assume full responsibility for the protection of your computer system including computer hardware, software and stored data including that of third parties who may access your computer system. By logging on you will assume the responsibility of ensuring that data downloaded or otherwise received from this website are free from viruses or other items of a destructive nature. Any damage to your computer, software or data by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via our site will be your own responsibility.